Gloomy grey days keeping yous stuck to your couch? Add a gloomy grey couch and winter hits with a double whammy.
We recently visited the Homesense showroom to check out the home decor trends for the coming season. Not a dash of grey could we find. Here are our favourite trends to take us through to the heat wave.
1. Floral Fiesta: Our outfits are peppered with posies, so why not our homes? Go for extra-bright blooms to turn your bedroom into a anything but a bored-room. We love the watercolour-esque throw pillows if you don’t want to go-go garden.
2. She Sells Sea Shells: No need to be an avid collector to fill your home with beachy accessories. Sand dollar candlesticks and conch tchotchkes turn your end table into an endless summer.
3. Ocean’s Deep: Go for a Mediterranean cruise vibe with some mix and match blues and whites to remind you of that romantic summer in Santorini.
4. Backyard Bazaar: Souk up the sunshine with vibrant fabrics and spicy international touches for the feel of an authentic middle eastern bazaar.
5. Urban Glamping: We may not be the type to carry a canoe over our heads, but give us a cozy blanket, a glass of red, and some s’more cupcakes and we’ll be as outdoorsy as the next girl.
6. Retro Chic: The days of ice delivery may be long gone but we’re head over heels for this retro beverage cooler, which we plan to fill with some grown-up spiked lemonade.
Quebec Homesense locations online.