Your search for THE brownie recipe is over.
With crackly, chewy tops and fudgy, dangerously chocolatey middles, these dense brownies are a decadent dream come true for all my chocoholics.
Warning: They’re so delicious and unbelievably easy to make, please bake and eat with caution.
Total time: 40 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Fry’s Cocoa)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (use milk chocolate chips for a sweeter result)
1. Position the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl, mix oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Do not overmix.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Transfer batter into the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from the edges of the pan.
7. Cool on a rack wire before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
And, you’re welcome.
Recipe adapted from Sarah’s Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies